Wednesday, August 25, 2010

An Affordable Luxury


I love Calla Lillies!  They are such elegant flowers.  No frills, clean lines, and just beautiful.  I have taken to buying flowers for myself each time I go to the grocery store.  It's a no calorie treat!  I used to buy myself a candy bar or something bad to eat on the way home.  Now, I pick out flowers after I'm done getting everything else on my list. 

This treat won't contribute to my weight and I get to enjoy it all week!   Every time I walk in the kitchen and see them, I feel a burst of happiness.  Worth it!

What's your favorite no-calorie treat?

7 comments:

  1. Candles that smell super yummy! Melanie Rentz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought some carrots recently to use in some "Sneaky Chef" recipes. I am now trying to eat a carrot instead of chips or some other non healthy treat! I love the flowers idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candles and nice soap. I use both on a daily basis (no saving good soaps until they lose their smell!).

    Great idea - 'no-calorie treats'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christi - I love those little baby carrots to munch on. I'm going to have to check out that Sneaky Chef book.

    Fiona - You're so right! Why is it that I think really nice soaps are "too good to use everyday", so they sit in a drawer forever? Silly me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is a link to her website. She has some free recipes on it.
    Let me know if there is something that might interest you and I can email you the recipe.

    http://www.sneakychef.com/

    ReplyDelete