Sunday, January 31, 2010

Story told by Chris Botti

Okay, so while I have my own views on Chris Botti's choice of style and material, he does seem like a really nice guy.  Between pieces at a recent concert, he told stories to the audience.  Here is one that I really liked:

     Chris and his band were hired to play at a wedding in Italy.  He rearranged his tour in order to be able to do this.  (Nice, right?)  The father-of-the-bride was very grateful and told him, "You are my daughter's second favorite musician!"  Second favorite?  "Yeah, Sting is her favorite, but guess which one we could afford?"  Anyway, Chris had a good sense of humor about this and traveled to a small town in Italy where, ironically enough, Sting owns a villa!  Since Chris is friends with Sting, he and his band were invited to have spaghetti with Sting at his villa before the wedding.  Sting asked, "So, Chris,  why are you all the way out here for only 18 hours?"  Chris related the story to Sting.  Upon hearing this, Sting asked, "well, can I come with you and sing at the wedding?"  Wow!  So, they devised this whole set-up where Chris plays a few tunes, then introduces his "special guest artist".  Sting walks out and sings to the couple.  How awesome is that?!  Anyway, when they do this, the couple thinks that Chris brought a Sting impersonator.  It took some convincing for them to realize that is was, indeed, the real Sting!  (After which, they totally freak out.)

     Now, I don't know if this story is true, but it's a lovely story and it makes me happy so I choose to believe it.  At the end of the concert, Chris said that we were his favorite orchestra and that he had invited us all to go on tour with him.  This wasn't true, he just said it to be nice.  But Chris, if you're reading this, I'd like to take you up on your offer........but only if we get to go to Italy and eat pasta with Sting!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is RITA CARMEN and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 12 years. i have been looking for ways online for so long, I first did Depo Provera Shot which i consecutively took every three months in order to get pregnant or fertile, but there was no way from it. I did Depo shot for 3 years constantly until my Doctors in Australia told me to try IVF because I had Endometriosis stage 4 and I resulted to try IVF (In Vitro Fertilization). For months after my IVF no progressed and my situation became worse that my husband had already had plans or getting married to another woman because I was barren. I read a testimony about Prophet Abulele how he had helped so many women with pregnancy problems and also how he usually casts return spells to bring back partner and make one fertile. Of all options tried, I gave Prophet Abulele a try. I am now a mother of a baby boy. For over 13 years of my marriage I received my help from this spell caster. I want to impact on someone's life and make the person get help from a good spell caster. Prophet Abulele's email is:- prophetabulelehealingtemple@gmail.com and his WhatsApp is +2349022406159 once you contact him, he will help you fast.

    ReplyDelete