Friday, February 12, 2010

Mozart and Roses and Snow! Oh My!

    Life is good.  I heard someone say once, "sometimes, life serves you up a slice of awesome!"  A great concert last night and a snow day today make me feel like Christmas has come again!
     Recently, I have been feeling a little blah.  I didn't really know what was wrong, but now I think it had to do with the fact that I took a break from my instrument over Christmas.  I've discovered that I'm happiest when I'm  preparing for a performance of some kind.  (Either me or my students.)  Anyway, I've decided I must pursue more playing opportunities.  (There's no reason why I haven't been other than my own laziness.) 
     Last night, I played in an all Mozart concert.  What fun!  It was tiring and required complete focus for the entire time, but it was thoroughly enjoyable.  At the dress rehearsal, our personnel manager gave single red roses to all the ladies.  This tiny little thing made me happy.  I was surprised at myself because I normally do not like to receive flowers.  (I once had a boyfriend who gave me flowers every time he did something wrong.  Now, I usually get suspicious when someone gives me flowers.)  I guess it makes a difference when you know the motivation is pure.
     Our guest soloist was Spencer Myer  and he was amazing!  He was the Gold Medalist of the 2008 New Orleans International Piano Competition.  You know, sometimes people don't deserve the awards they win and sometimes they absolutely do and you can't say enough good things about them.  Myer falls into the second category.  His Mozart Piano Concert No. 25 in C was effortless and fluid.  Much attention was paid to detail and every nuance was there.  It was fun to watch him because he was completely in the moment.  I had a teacher once say, "It's not enough to play the music, you must BE the music!"  This guy WAS the music.
     After the concert, I didn't have to try and force myself to go to sleep at a decent hour because our employer had given us Friday off due to possible snow!  Now, this doesn't sound like a big deal but it is very unusual to get snow where I live.  I didn't think it was actually going to snow, but I was thrilled to have a day off.  When I got up this morning, it was snowing!!  It really did feel like begin given a gift! 
           
     

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is RITA CARMEN and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 12 years. i have been looking for ways online for so long, I first did Depo Provera Shot which i consecutively took every three months in order to get pregnant or fertile, but there was no way from it. I did Depo shot for 3 years constantly until my Doctors in Australia told me to try IVF because I had Endometriosis stage 4 and I resulted to try IVF (In Vitro Fertilization). For months after my IVF no progressed and my situation became worse that my husband had already had plans or getting married to another woman because I was barren. I read a testimony about Prophet Abulele how he had helped so many women with pregnancy problems and also how he usually casts return spells to bring back partner and make one fertile. Of all options tried, I gave Prophet Abulele a try. I am now a mother of a baby boy. For over 13 years of my marriage I received my help from this spell caster. I want to impact on someone's life and make the person get help from a good spell caster. Prophet Abulele's email is:- prophetabulelehealingtemple@gmail.com and his WhatsApp is +2349022406159 once you contact him, he will help you fast.

    ReplyDelete