Saturday, February 20, 2010

Weekend Breakfast for Weirdos Who Don't Eat Anything (like me!)

Okay, so the title is a bit of an exaggeration.  I do eat things, but since I'm avoiding gluten, dairy, sugar (including fruit), and bad carbs it sure does feel like I don't get to eat anything sometimes!  It's really hard to be a foodie and have all these restrictions.  I fell off the wagon a bit over Christmas and ate all kinds of things I shouldn't have.  It has been really hard to get back on.  Yesterday, I renewed my resolve to eat like I should.  (For health reasons, my doctor has put me on this crazy eating plan.)

I have to say, once you get the sugar out of your system, it gets much easier to stay on my diet.  Sugar, for me, is an addiction and I have to treat it as such.  When it's in my system, I find that I cannot get through the day without it.  The other day (while I was off the wagon), I found myself lacking energy and feeling terrible so I ate a cake ball.  Immediately, I felt fantastic!  I had gotten my fix.  Then later, I felt terrible and wanted more.  I must break this cycle!  It's very similar to being an alcoholic.  When in recovery, you just can't have your substance at all.  Not even one drink (or bite).  SO - this little tangent is all to illustrate my need to get back on track.

Today, I had my weekend breakfast.  I like to treat myself on weekends and have something delicious.  What's delicious when you have all these restrictions?  Eggs and veggie browns!
 

 
Lyn's Eggs and Veggie Browns:

Pour some olive oil into a frying pan.  (Enough to liberally coat the bottom.)  Then, take a carrot and a zucchini (one each per person), and peel them into long, thin curls with a veggie peeler(Note:  When to get to the point where you can no longer peel them, I take what's left, chop it up, and put it into a tupperware and into the freezer.  Then, I add these veggie bits to the pot when I make soup.)  Fry the carrot and zucchini strips in the oil until they get slightly brown and crispy (about 15-20 minutes).  Drain in paper towels when done.  Sprinkle them with Celtic Sea Salt(Note:  Celtic Sea Salt is gray in color because it has not had the magnesium and potassium stripped out of it, making it much better for you.  Also, it tastes saltier so you use less.  I love it!)

While the veggies are frying, scramble some eggs and cook them in a frying pan with a little olive oil.  While cooking, I sprinkle them with salt and oregano(Note:  Oregano makes everything taste delicious!  I learned this from my Greek mother-in-law who puts it on everything.) 

Serve and eat while hot.  

I can't drink a lot of coffee (due to migraines), but my body can handle one cup per week.  I treat myself on Saturdays and have coffee with my breakfast.  I LOVE to put a spoonful of coconut milk ice-cream in it. (Purely Decadent Coconut Milk Ice-Cream and Luna and Larry's Coconut Bliss are my favs.  They are dairy free and don't have sugar either since they are sweetened with agave syrup.  Win-win on all counts!)   

With this breakfast, I don't feel deprived at all!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is RITA CARMEN and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 12 years. i have been looking for ways online for so long, I first did Depo Provera Shot which i consecutively took every three months in order to get pregnant or fertile, but there was no way from it. I did Depo shot for 3 years constantly until my Doctors in Australia told me to try IVF because I had Endometriosis stage 4 and I resulted to try IVF (In Vitro Fertilization). For months after my IVF no progressed and my situation became worse that my husband had already had plans or getting married to another woman because I was barren. I read a testimony about Prophet Abulele how he had helped so many women with pregnancy problems and also how he usually casts return spells to bring back partner and make one fertile. Of all options tried, I gave Prophet Abulele a try. I am now a mother of a baby boy. For over 13 years of my marriage I received my help from this spell caster. I want to impact on someone's life and make the person get help from a good spell caster. Prophet Abulele's email is:- prophetabulelehealingtemple@gmail.com and his WhatsApp is +2349022406159 once you contact him, he will help you fast.

    ReplyDelete