Monday, February 8, 2010

Old (but fun) Stories: The Good Wife of the Megalo Monastery

 
This past Christmas, when we we visiting my mother-in-law, my husband and I took a little trip to the Meteora.  (without her!)  At the Megalo Monastery, I was blessed by a Greek monk!  Well, not really. Here's how it went down:

My husband (I'll call him Ted) was buying a book in the shop of the Megalo Monastery in the Meteora.  The monk that sold it looked at me, pointed, and said something in Greek to Ted.  Apparently, he said "She isn't Greek, is she?"  (Well duh! I can't think of many people who look less Greek than I do.)  He then said some more stuff in Greek, followed by "gut frau" (good wife).  Maybe he thought I was German?  Anyway, he thought I was a good wife because I was "so quiet and docile".  Yeah.  He doesn't know me well does he?  I plan to get lots of mileadge out of that "good wife" comment! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment